Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hit a bump in the road....

I am sad to report that my camera is no longer working.
It was raining for most of the day when I hiked/kayaked
the Abel Tasman and I guess my camera got too wet.

I attempted to fix it by letting it air dry for 24 hours
but everytime I put the battery in, it turns on and then
quickly short circuits. I have a whole days worth of pics
that I need to get off the camera but can't seem to keep
it on long enough to do that.

I am now faced with the decision to buy a new camera or go
without which isn't really a choice at all. I will have
to buy a new one because I can't even imagine going 20
days without taking pictures. Additionally, I have just arrived
in the most beautiful and picturesque region of NZ and I know there
will be much to document.

I could take the chance and see if in a couple of days it will work,
but by then I will be out of a major town center and not able to pick
one up at a reasonable price. So, it looks like I will just have to bite the
bullet and do one less fun activity, in order to pay for it.

I'm currently in the beach town of Hokitika and tomorrow I will head south
to Fox glacier. Stay tuned and hopefully there will be more pics coming.

No comments: