Monday, January 14, 2008

Only got two days in Wanaka

I'm sad to report that I had to leave Wanaka early
due to massive blisters on the soles of my feet.
These were gained from a two hour barefoot ultimate match,
where against my better judgement I decided to play without
shoes. Definitely made the wrong play and am now paying the price.

Since hiking is now out of the question for atleast a week,
I decided to keep heading south to Fiordland, where I can get
off my feet and onto my ass for some kayaking. Hopefully by the
time I head north again to Mt. Cook, I'll be good to go and a
little wiser as a result of the experience.

I'll do a day trip in Milford Sound on Wednesday
and a two day kayak/camping trip on Friday/Saturday.
Hopefully the weather will hold and I'll actually
get to paddle in some sunshine!

Will try to get the lastest pics updated once I
get to Te Anau. And I finally added all the Abel
Tasman pics from my cannon that decided to finally work again.
Anyone need a new Kodak digital camera, sell it to you for
cheap?! :)

No comments: