Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Back in the states but still not home.

Hello from L.A. You read that right, L.A.
I did arrive safely back the states today but
unfortunately too late to catch my connecting flight.
Quantas was having a technical difficulty, which meant
a late departure from Auckland. Lucky for me, they made
up for this inconvience by putting me up in the Hilton
and providing me food coupons. So I guess I wasn't
meant to come home just yet.

I am updating this blog from the Apple store in Santa Monica.
It's the only place with free internet access. I took the #3 bus
(20 minutes and a .75 cent ride) to have a look around and find
a book store. I was watching Oprah today and she was featuring
Eckhart Tolle's new book "A New Earth" in her book club.
(Another interesting side note about this topic is that she and Eckhart
are teaming up on March 3rd to create a worldwide on-line classroom
around the book. Go to her site for more info or to sign up). I needed
more reading material for the rest of my journey home and really loved
his previous book "The Power of Now". My flight (hopefully) leaves L.A. at 8 am tomorrow,
arriving in Tampa around 5:30 pm. I am looking forward to seeing everyone once I have had
a chance to get over my jet lag. L.A. is an interesting place to begin my transition back into American
culture. I do believe it is the exact polar opposite of New Zealand, so my
head is spinning a bit. I'm doing my best to flow with the "different"
energy of this place and working to find the higher purpose/meaning
of my layover here since I would not have 'chosen' this myself.
The drastic contrast in these two realities makes me appreciate even more
how special New Zealand really is. I already miss it very much and will be
planning my return very soon. If anyone has to chance to visit this magical
land, do not hesitate, just get on the plane and GO!

No comments: