Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two more days until my flight home.

I knew this day would come eventually, when I would
be blogging about my return to the states. I have exactly
two more days in NZ and so I am just making the most
of each moment I have left in this beautiful country.

I finally made it to Akaroa a.ka. Banks Pennisula
(about an hours drive south of christchurch) and I finally
have my own wheels which is a nice for a change.
I love having the freedom to go where I want to go, when I want to go
and it's fun to pay back some of the rides I caught during my month long adventure.

Akaroa is as beautiful and chilled out as I thought it would be
so it's been a great place to rest and reflect before my journey home.
I will try to update pics in the next couple of days so you can see
how magical this place is with your own eyes.

Tomorrow I am taking an early boat out to go see the Hector dolphins
that live in this area. The next day I think I will go for a nice hike
and a swim at the beach and then it's off to the airport.

Much thanks to Joseph for agreeing to pick me up from the airport.
I'll pay you back with a great bottle of NZ pinot my friend. And Shannon
and Roy get ready for your bottle as well.

Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful people in my life back home.
I have missed you all and look forward to reconnecting. Until then......

No comments: